Hi,

I am new to waterboxers, and I just = got my new-to-me 90 back from the Vanagon mechanic.  As I am trying to get = used to this unique vehicle, I have some basic questions:

1. It has been tuned and all of = that, and it idles smoothly at about 1000 rpm.  However, the engine seems to "rock" a lot more than I am used to seeing on a traditional = inline 4.  It looks weird to see the whole exhaust system deflecting a = couple of centimeters on either end along with the engine.  It also has an = annoying squeak -- I can't tell if it is an exhaust shield of motor = mount.

2:  Is it really supposed to = sound like a lawn mower when idling?  I read the Eurospec article, so I know its = supposed to have a rumble instead of an "Industrial grade = buzz," but I am still not used to it.

3:  The mechanic said the P.O. = did not use phosphate-free coolant.  (Even though the last maintenance to the = vehicle was done at a VW dealer ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!).  Oh well, can't do = anything now but change it regularly and pray.

Thanks for all of your help,
Michael Townsend
townsend@rtp.ericsson.se

P.S.  I bought a little Kidde fire = extinguisher, but now I am wondering if I should buy a bigger one!