Hello,

I own a liquid cooled 1986 = Vanagon.

The vanagon is equipped with an = aluminum-core radiator with plastic tanks on the sides.

The aluminum part of the radiator = still has plenty of life, however, coolant leaks where the aluminum mates with the = plastic. (When it is cold it doesn't leak, after about 5 minutes it = starts leaking and about 10 minutes later it stops leaking = completely)

I have removed one plastic tank, = cleaned it thoroughly, applied hi-temp. silicone and re-assembled it.  This = fix lasted for a few months but now it is leaking again.

A new radiator is $545.00 (Canadian) = from VW   !!!!!!

Can anyone suggest a repair for my = radiatior, other than the leak, it still has lots of life left in it.

Thanks,

Maurizio Penna
Ottawa,Canada