This is my third watercooled vanagon and I have enjoyed this car very, very much.
I used this "Bulli" as my "Mister Mom" car and the kids got a kick out of it , of course.
Before our trip to Vermont and Canada this summer I had some major repair done on the car.
I have since put about 4000 miles on a :
*rebuild engine
*rebuild auto transmission and new torqueconverter
*new starter, caliper, u-joints, tires,resistor, sensors and pressure switches
The car runs on synthetic oil and shows no leaks and almost no oil consumption (1 pint per 4000 miles) the A/C is cool, the car does not overheat ever, no oil-pressure buzzer, it runs straight and tight like new ( I had a last year "Carat" brandnew from VW in 1992 and sold it in 1994 because I needed a "commuter" so I should know...) the seats squeak on dirtroads though...I get 18 mpg in the summer, the tranny shifts very nice (and has a warranty...)
meticulously drained and maintained fluids - no leaks whatsoever...
So the AD reads basically : Vanagon GL 88, Wolfsburg (cupholders,table, full size bed and set of curtains ) Alloy wheels no (as in absolutely no) dents and five of them, dual air (cold) and rear heat, tinted (15% ? ) glass , custom (carat) bumpers and side covers,bluemetallic-Mitternachtsblau, Blaupunkt Laguna CD player, the original JVC Innsbruck setup and a repair manual (german) comes with the car ..., Automatic(warranty)

negative aspects and the need to does : front rotor needs to be cut at the next brake service, emergency brake not too tight (all new parts , cables etc. are supplied maybe I even get to have it fixed), the front has scratches (tiny knicks visable under close examination) from gravel etc. as there was never a bra on the car - maybe the next owner will put one on .
So , fellow Vanagon- enthusiast

How much should I ask for the Van and who would qualify as the new proud owner ?
( I got $5,800.00 last year for my 88 GL so where does the bidding start ?)

Arthur Flegenheimer
Max0628@Bestweb.net

P.S. I will be driving my new 98' BMW stationwagon and retire from "Mister MoM' as for the reason of the
"Auf Wiedersehen" and the Van is in Rockland County, Hudson Valley - New York.