Hi to all those on the list,  I = just signed up last week and I'm
just thrilled about all the info you = folks supply.  Many thanks
in advance.  I own an 84 = Vanagon 4 sp w/ A/C.  Thanks to
Gregory Ramirez for the info about = the radiator fan coming on
automatically with the ignition = (when the evap fan switch is on).
My question of the day (and I will = have many soon) is when I am
using my a/c on a very hot day (we = get many days over 115F for
three months), the compressor clutch = comes on with the thermostat.
but when the raditor fan goes into = high speed, it cuts out the compressor
until the low speed resumes = again.  This can be very frustrating as
the inside of the van will reach = 100F in no time flat!  I can find ab-
solutely no pressure switches = anywhere to cause the compressor to
cut out.  Is this normal to = prevent the motor from overheating?  I've
checked the relays (under the dash) = and they seem to be fine.  Is there
anyother things that I should be checking?
Appreciate any advice you folks may have.
Thanks,
Karl Batzler
KBatzler@msn.com