Hi,

Someone asked about shaking at idle = and bad motor mounts.  My '90 Carat has a motor that seemed to rock too = much at idle.  It also produced an annoying squeak.  Well, my = mechanic, who had to drop the engine to replace the main seal, said the motor mounts = were fine.  The very bad vibration was because one of the spark plug = wires was bad, and I was basically on three cylinders.  Now, it is a lot = smoother, but it still shakes more than I think it should -- and it still has that = annoying squeak.  In the morning, when I first start it up, is = sounds like it is shaking so much that it is knocking.  Anyway, it seems = perfectly smooth under load and at cruising speed.  Does that mean the motor = mounts really are fine, and that I am paranoid?  I would assume that bad = motor mounts would rock you to death at highway speeds.

Thanks,
Michael Townsend
townsend@rtp.ericsson.se