-----Original = Message-----
From: Vanman Subject: carpet for 84 GL

The large piece of carpet in the = mid-section of my dad's van is thoroughly trashed, and we are trying to find a = cheap alternative to OEM ($700 +) carpet

Check out Home Depot... they have some good rubber backed = indoor-outdoor in a few colours and at a price that is reasonable... while you are at = it.. get more and make a custom fit runner for the aisle & = fronts....here is another tip..... indoor-outdoor carpeting is easy to clean by blasting = off the dirt with your hose or a powerwasher... just leave it out in the sun = on the porch and it's nice and dry....you can powerwash the original = (removable) center carpet in my Westy..and it really cleans up well....BUT... it = Loads up with water (gets real heavy) and takes a few days to dry out even in = the sun on warm dry days.

Rob
87 Westy SyncroGL.....Cynosure (getting a clutch & = head gaskets soon)

rountree@planeteer.com