-----Original = Message-----
From: KBatzler <KBatzler@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
= To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM = <vanagon@VANAGON.COM>
Dat= e: Thursday, October 15, 1998 8:45 PM
Subject: 84 Vanagon = A/C

Thanks to all those who sent = thier advice on my a/c system.  Turns out that 84/85's have completely = different wiring of the a/c systems than the later models.  After studying the = electral diagram for a couple hours, I finally decided to cut the red wire = w/blue lead and eliminate the useless "compressor cut-out relay.  = I will later install a commercial hi-lo pressure switch and connect the lo = side to the compressor cut-out relay (the hi side will be wired in series = the the lo cutout).  This will prevent compressor from sucking air in case = of a leak and also prevent the discharge line from blowing (like in our tremendously hot summers).  I also converted the system to = R134a.  Runs like a champ.
Does this sound like I'm on the = right track?

Hey tomorrow's Friday, ain't it!!!!!
Karl Batzler
La Quinta, CA