A happy ending to the = Tire Saga....

My local dealer couldn't = find the right Yokohamas. I called customer = service at Yokohama USA. They told me the =
Yoko Y370 LT 195/= 75-14 = was discontinued. = I believed them and went back to the list = for help. Within 6 hours I had 13 replies = from you. Many said try the Michelin MXTs. = Others said they'd just bought the Yoko = Y370 in the past several months. Mark Sheflo = (thanks Mark!) gave me a Yoko part number = and said, "here, call your dealer with = this". Instead I called Yokohama USA = and asked for that part number and didn't = tell her what the tire was. She looked = it up and SURE ENOUGH, they still make them = (although she said it was an obscure OE = tire that was currently backordered but going = into production in 6 weeks again). I told = her that I had people recommend this tire = specifically and she said, "You own = a Volkswagen camper, don't you?!?!?!?!?" = She laughed when I told her what I was = doing but was very nice and helpful.

Long = and short of it:

The Yokohama Y370 = LT 195/75-14 is available! It is an 8 ply = tire with a D rating. Ask for Yoko part = #37047.

The Michelin MXT 205/R14 also = came highly recommended. Its part number = is #73568.

I'm unsure in the battle = between the two which is better. I think = it boils down to: do you like Macintosh = or Dos....its a personal preference and each = camp is adamant about their own (I luv my = Mac G3!)

Thanks to all who responded. = What an incredible resource. Now if we = can just quit bitchin' about Rednecks and = the Bus Depot :-)

Jim

91 Passat
89 Westy
66 = Beetle