Hey folks,

My '87 Vanagon has recently developed a "hesitation" when I first depress the accelerator from a stop. I give it gas and it will bog for a few seconds then accelorates as usual (around 3000 rpm, just in time to shift) Feels like some sort of retarder you would feel in a rental truck when you hit max speed. Was just happening from a stop, but now seems to be whenever I depress to accelorate after a shift. Anyone have an idea of what the hell that is? Very frustrating because it was running perfectly. Please help out if you can, and I apologize if this thread has been addressed in the past.

Thank you in advance as usual.

TonyD
'87 GL