Greeting all,
My one year anniversary of zero 91 Syncro Vanagon = repairs came to an end on Tuesday.  All of a sudden the wife can't shift, = managed to get it home where it now sits.  I studied the archives extensively and = decided the most likely reason was the slave cylinder - had it and a master = overnighted here on Thursday and now Saturday afternoon my van still sits motionless = with a new slave and master cylinder installed and bled.  Managed to get = it into gear a couple of times but hear a screaching sound from the clutch when attempted.  I can't understand several things:  1.  Why = does my clutch pedal still bottom out on the floorboard?, figured it was doing = that before because of some leaky cylinder.  2.  Have any of you = had your clutch go out without warning before? - like I said we've put 25,000 = miles on this van during the last year with nary a hint of a clutch/shifting problem.  3.  I live somewhat in the sticks here as far as = Volkswagens go so am scared to death trying to find someone to work on it.  I'm = willing to give it a go myself once my Bentlys gets here and I gather my parts together.  I'd respectfully request any advise anyone might have - = if it's for sure a clutch replacement, or maybe you know of something else I = should check.  One side engine mount may be able to be tightened a little = and the slave cylinder bracket seems to move fractionally when clutched but = otherwise everthing seems to be normal.  Thanks in advance to anyone willing = to advise.  Doesn't help matters that this is the only vehicle we have.

Respectfully,

Jim Sperl
91 Syncro