I've decided to replace the heater hoses that go from the 'coolant manifolds'
on either side of my 87GL van to the front and rear heaters.

I see these have Volkswagen numbers on them. Are they some super-special, extra expensive, made only for the vanagon hose.?... or can I use regular, over the counter heater hose?
Just guessing, it looks to be in the 5/8 id range...Any ideas on lengths?

I am cautious of this because of putting the wrong fuel lines on and practically watching them deteriorate before my eyes...

As always, any response is welcome!
Thanks