I'm getting 22 mpg on an "87 = westy, up recently from 20 mpg, for strange and mysterious reasons!

Peter Carrie
-----Original = Message-----
From: Jim Fritz <jfritz@DECORAH.K12.IA.US>=
To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM = <vanagon@VANAGON.COM>
Dat= e: Wednesday, October 28, 1998 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: Gas Mileage

                      =

RE: Gas Mileage                              10/28/98

Does ANYBODY else on = the list get this kind of mileage? I'm in total agreement with Bud about the = process vs. the event but I didn't think Westys were able to get mileage = like that. If so, I'm doing something __seriously__ wrong in the way I'm driving.
Jim

Budding Rose wrote:
>Josh- I consistantly get 23 to 26 MPG- 84 Westy - = I drive between 55 and
>65 and at that speed I can relax- let the rest = of the world go by and
>arrive rested and relaxed and not too far = behind the "fast drivers". Of
>course in traffic it is diminished.
>I believe the pleasure is in the trip- not the = first to arrive-- the
>trip is a process - Arrival is an event- and you = are in deep doo doo if
>you dont know the dirfference. Drive = carefuly. Bud Yandell

James L. Fritz
Director of Bands
Decorah High School
100 E. = Claiborne Drive