Greetings to the list!!
     I have = finaly ordered my new engine.  I ordered it from the dealer.  = I
weighed the options of ordering from several companies.  It was a tough
decision, deciding between AVP and the dealer.  AVP wanted = 1750.00 plus 250
for shipping.  I could also get new heads for 300.00 more.   The dealer
wanted 2230.00 for a rebuilt = engine.  My last VW rebuilt motor ran for
180,000 miles.  I also feel better = about warante support.  I can walk in to
my dealer and get help.  = I don't know how well AVP supports it's = warrantys.

     I will have to wait a week or so for the engine.  There has been a = run
on Vanagon engines this year and the builders are running behind.  I will
post more as I get into pulling the engine and getting = everything ready for
the transplant.

Colin Moran
'86 Syncro = GL
Beebe AR