Thanks to all who offered advice = and/or support with my tranny stuck halfway out.  It got caught up on the starter = which I should have taken completely off contrary to what Bently Syncro = says.  Anyway, I ended up putting the trans back in this afternoon and = buttoning things up well enough to get it on a trailer this week for a trip to someone = who has more time and knowhow than I.  At the shop I was working at they = looked in a Mitchell guide and it was suggested to drop the engine rather than the = trans for a clutch job.  Their numbers showed 4.7 hours for job dropping = engine vs. 6 hours for trans. Interesting.
Thanks again for your = support.

Jim