I can't believe they won't budge.  Dealers around me have tons of jetta's just sitting around.  Normally, dealers will deal more on high inventory cars.  Find a dealer with what you want on his lot and make an offer.  You shouldn't have to pay but a couple hundred bucks over invoice.  Trick is you have to be willing to walk away and try again in a few weeks or months.  If you want this car and you want it now, he's got 'ya..
Mark

Floyd Truskot wrote:

I went out with my girlfriend to buy a 1999 VW Jetta Wolfsburg with
automatic transmission and sunroof, MSRP $18,465, dealer invoice
$17,286.  They, Ganley's Westside Imports of Cleveland, would not budge
one penny from MSRP!!

So, how much should my girlfriend pay for a 1999 Jetta?

Thanks,
Floyd Truskot