I left my 87 Westy at the shop for three weeks = while it was being worked on (problem turned out to be a clogged cat.). = I dismissed the funky smell after I picked it up because I was eager to = get going.  However, By the time I got to my destination, I = noticed that there were mice feces all over the place-they went = everywhere but inside the fridge!.  I soon discovered that we left = some dried food in one of the cabinets and the mice had made a nest out = the of insulation from behind the wall by the water tank.  The = Westy smells like an aquarium even after I vacuumed and washed = everything.  I hope the smell will abate after I steam-clean the = interior, but a lot of the smell seems to be coming from behind the = wall where they made the nest.  I plan to spray a can of Lysol = behind there unless someone has a better idea.

Lesson learned:  don't leave food other = than canned food in your van-especially in the Fall when animals are = looking for a warm nesting place.  A mouse trap or sonic pest = deterrence device might be a good idea when you store your van or leave = it parked for a while. ><><><><><><><&= gt;<><><><><><><><><&= gt;<><><><>J

Phillip Bouton