From:<= FONT FACE="Times = New Roman" SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000"> Jim Fritz [mailto:jfritz@decorah.k12.ia.us]
Sent: Friday, November 06, 1998 8:40 = AM
To:= techservice
Subject:<= FONT = FACE="Times New Roman" SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000"> Dometic in 89 VW = Westfalia

To = whom it may concern:
I'm having trouble = getting my Dometic to fire up on Propane. = It has been suggested through a listserve = group that I belong to, that taking the = refrig out and inverting it overnight will = "burp" it and help in the lighting = and cooling properties of my refrig. Your = suggestions and comments on this would be = greatly appreciated.

http://www.rvmobile.com/= welcome.htm and gain a "crash-course&= quot; = education
>in the theory, operation, = maintenance and repair of these ammonia
>beasts!
>
>His = third suggestion is that anyone who thinks = one can damage an A/C or
>refrigeration = unit via turning it upside down has NO concept = of what
>they are talking about. The = one "qualifier" he offers concerns
>compressor = driven units. Once inverted, he suggests = righting them and
>leaving them alone = for 24 hours to allow the oil in the system = to settle
>back to where it's happy. = He authorized me to post on the Net that
>anyone = who claims that simply inverting any cooling = unit resulted in any
>type of damage = is full of Beaver Dung! I assume they must = have a lot of
>beavers in MN!
>
>Don = tells me that it is tempting to think of = this neat mixture of
>ammonia/water/sodium = chromate as being a homogeneous mixture, = but he
>says even after sitting there = for a few months, it is far from being a
>"homogeneous" = mixture. Things separate. That's the idea = behind
>"burping".
>
>Like = I said before, I've never had one of these = beasts. Don's
>interested in my forwarding = the more timid posts which are received,
>though. = He tells me he'll participate on the List = for $30/hr for those
>who want decent = advice about their refrigeration problems. = He, also,
>invited me to go water-skiing = with him Christmas day this year on
>Chickamagua = Lake!!!
>
>BOB - WA4RRN
>'85GL

http://www.impeachment.org