Dear Readers:

I am a new first time Westy owner = (about two weeks now!).

My Westy, an '84 watercooled with = Air/Auto and 65,00 Miles, had been driven for about two hours at about 60 MPH, when = all of a sudden, I had a loss of power. I noticed the engine sort of = "gaining and losing" power. It slowed to about 40 MPH, and thereafter had = hesitation symptoms on both accelleration and at constant speed.

I have not driven the Westy other = than to and from work since, and the symptoms have not returned.

I have a 30 day 50/50 warranty from = the dealer.

Can anybody offer me a suggestion as = to what is up with this vehicle? I want to drive 700 Kms up into Northern Manitoba = (Canada) with my wife (handicapped in a wheelchair) over Christmas. I am = concerned about the trip, with this engine issue. Should I be?

Thanks in advance

Marshall Ruskin m_ruskin@hotmail.com
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada