Daniel Bey wrote:

While we are on that subject? How do I test the dif lock to see if it's
working? When I purcased the vech last year, the dealer said that it was
working fine? but when ever I pulled the switch out, I can't feel any real
differance. Also the lights on the lock panels all light up, but does not
change when I pull the knob out. I do feel, and can hear the pressure of the
vaccum working when I pull the switch in and out.

Anyone have any suggestions???

Dan
87 Syncro GL Westy
71 Bug Conv

Place your van on some gravel, a lawn, some sand, ice or snow, pull the knob, start driving in a very tight left circle, while you watch the left rear, it should be slipping and spinning, cause it wants to go faster than the ground under it. Don't try this on asphalt or concrete! It'll ruin your diff!!!

PerL
88 Syncro