Hmmm thanks Dr Rainer, no,I dont = mind you  disagreeing, as long as I can disagree back. Picture this scene, Im = driving uphill on a mountain rd covered in ice, managing just about OK no diff = locks, slipping a little but happy enough, but around the corner a couple of = hundred metres ahead is the school bus(with chains) in the middle of the road = picking up schoolkids. Im gonna have to lose my precious momentum and slow down or = stop. I WANT MY REAR DIFFLOCK! Do I
a)Pull the switch and hope it will = engage within 100 meters (Little to no chance)
b)Engage and blip the throttle a = little commiting the deadly crime of traction abuse but seeing my lock in = allowing me to slow down and keep a little momentuml before I lose it  and = start heading backwards on the ice?

Your call = Doc!!!!!