The imminence (eminence, perhaps?) of changing List Administrators = has gotten me thinking about the neglected issue of membership status.

We all know that a Sniveling Lurker is a status that can be = eradicated by one's own actions, i.e. public posting to the List.

There also seems to be a consensus that we all started as = Newbies.  Whether or not we were List members then is irrelevant.  As we = became involved with our vans, we grew out of that stage.

However, an issue that I have not seen raised here is whether there = are any other quasi-official designations.  Do we have any List Gurus, = Honored Contributors, Venerable Vanagoneers, or are we all simply Members?  = Do we have a hierarchy?  Should we?

If so, how does one achieve the various levels?  Who should = make these critical decisions?  Do we need rules or bylaws?  Should we = have elected delegates or hold a town meeting?  How is the ruling class = to be held responsible to the masses?  What about discipline?  = Should there be virtual police?

Fellow Listees, what are your thoughts?

Budd Premack
86 Syncro, = 73 Super
Minneapolis, MN (Land of Sky-Blue = Waters)