Hi,

I am keeping an eye on engine = conversion options just in case I need to choose one in the next year or two.  I have = some questions:

If I bought the 5 cyl. audi conversion kit, and I = wanted a new motor, how much and what is the newest motor that would fit?  I = could call my local Audi dealer, but I wouldn't know what to ask for.

What is the horsepower and torque difference between = the Eurospec with the Golf gti motor and the audi 5 cyl?  I might = occasionally do light duty towing, so the extra cylinder might be = useful!

The golf motor is 2.0 L, which is smaller than my = 2.1 L waterboxer -- yet it has more power?

I was at my local VW dealer today, = and asked the parts guy for the price on a 2.1L Waterboxer long block.  It wasn't = in the book!  What gives?  The short blocks were $2300, and he = claimed that heads are $1000 each.  I guess that puts us closer to the Eurospec conversion price, after all.

And, most importantly of all, is someone going to = develop a TDI kit?  I would be perfectly happy with the 1.9l TDI -- I just = would have to regear the transmission.
I think that I could start saving my = money a lot faster if I knew a TDI was possible in the future.

Thanks very much,
Michael Townsend
townsend@rtp.ericsson.se
90 Carat, drips about 2cc / night -- = how long do I have????