An alternative to a blanket warmer is to keep = a battery charger hooked up overnight (or use a timer for an hour or two prior to = your morning departure).  This has the dual advantage of assuring a = fully charged battery and actually (if I remember my high school chemistry = correctly) physically warming the battery through the electrical charging activity.

I also recall an old mechanic indicating that = simply turning on the headlights for about 30 seconds (prior to attempting to = start a cold engine) would create extra heat in the battery that would result in = more available cranking power.  Just be sure to turn off the headlights = prior to engaging the starter.

Additionally, does anyone have a source for an engine heater (block = or any other type) that will fit on a Syncro?  The makeshift unit that was = installed on my Syncro 2 winters ago by a well-meaning (but not thorough = enough) soul has literally fallen off somewhere.  So now I have this = securely attached110/120 volt plug wire leading off into the space under the = engine, but to no avail....

Budd Premack
86 Syncro, = 84 GL, 73 Super
Minneapolis, MN (Land of Frozen = Waters)