Dear Readers:

There are at least two reasons that = I can think of, for getting inside the Digijet ROM:

1. We could remap the rom so as to = tune engine performance to better match our individual local conditions (maybe a = different torque curve for different geography?);

2. We could make modify and then = make use of other non-vanagon ECU's (more about this later).

Now, there are products that allow = you to get into the map rom for ECU's (www.3wad.com/ew/ is a link to such = a product) and remap the rom as per your requirements.

Now, I may certainly be = wrong, but I have been led to believe that the Digijet Fuel Injection System is an implementation of the Bosch L-Jetronic system, which was very widely = used, even by domestic automakers.

So, my idea is to save money when we = need to replace our ecu, by using any L-Jetronic ecu, and then remap = the ROM to match our Vanagon engines specific map.

Can anybody comment on the = feasability of my ideas? Am I correct regarding the digijet and L-Jetronic similarities? = Has this ever been tried?

Regards,

Marshall Ruskin
84 Westy = Air/Auto