As a charter member of the "College-is-where-you-learned-to-demonstate" age group, I = fully agree with your Michael Sullivan's membership analysis.  He wrote, = "It is quite apparent that the list has changed. The "old guard" are = moving on..."

Any group must change in order to survive; that is simply how = organisms continue to exist.  In the case of the List, it seems that the = recent flaming activity may have been exacerbated by youthful exuberance. (What = would my composition prof have written in red margin notes about that = exaggerated phrase?)

This may simply have been a blip in an otherwise benign = landscape.  Remember that there are occasional thunderstorms even in the desert; = it's what gives life to the area.

Why don't we simply continue to enjoy the multifaceted benefits of = the List, i.e.  vehicle info, comradeship, and even comic relief.  = All of us have a delete key, what we really can use at times is a mellow-out = key.  Let's keep the List open and avoid censorship whenever possible, but = remember that good manners are always appropriate.

An enhanced FAQ section would be tremendous, but a lot of work to = assure that it is factually accurate and complete.  I am willing to = assist, although my technical acumen may be a bit less than desired for the = task.

Remember, it won't be forever until the Sixties will be an era that = many of us will live through twice.  (I now trust anyone over 30.)

Budd Premack
86 Syncro, = 84 GL, 73 Super
Minneapolis, MN (Land of Frozen = Waters)