Hello everyone,

Today I took advantage of the very = warm weather (+1C, +32F) here in Ottawa, Canada, to remove the two CV shafts from my = 86 Westfalia (non-syncro).

Both shafts appear to be identical = and the inner and outer CV joints appear to be identical as well.

Does anyone know if there is any difference between = them because I am not sure which end was the inner/outer for both shafts (I = was certain they would be different).  If they are the same, is there = any harm in switching them around ?

When purchasing new boots, the store = is selling inner or outer boots but I can't see any difference between = them.

Any ideas?

Maurizio
86 Westy