My VW mechanic puts in a NAPA additive = in to quiet the lifters in my 87 Westy when he changes the oil.  = Can't say if it helps or not sine I think mine will be noisy no matter = what, but he has a lot of experience.  Next time I get my oil = changed I'll post what it is.

-----Original = Message-----
From:   Randolph = Feuerriegel [mailto:RFeuerriegel@BC.SYMP= ATICO.CA]
Sent:   Friday, January 15, 1999 4:17 AM
To:     vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM
Subject:       = Re: Valves lifter knocking

Hi Jim.

Just wondering how the CD-2 is working = out. Also suffer from noisy
lifters. Sort of on one day, off the = next for quite a few months now,
and haven't found a solution yet = short of replacing them. 175K on my
van. Are they still quiet? Any new = leaks? Did you change the oil soon
after?

--
R.Feuerriegel
88 syncro