Jeff,
    VW did put non electric side convex mirrors on Vanagons in late 86 early 87.  They will fit all Vanagons'.  They should have done it sooner.
    I personally love it.  I can see the entire side of the bus and about 2 lanes over.  I've never had any trouble judging distance, but then again maybe its me.  I went out of my way to search for a good used one to put on my '82 camper.  I think it eliminates blind spots on that side of the bus and  I can see my rear tire so I don't scuff the curb backing up.  Thats just my 2 cents. Take care.
--

-Jim DiGennaro

LiMBO, The Late Model Bus Organization, international

zzzzzzzzzzz_
| _ LiMBO | _ ||
James Digennaro, LiMBO's Editor and Web master.
  • 34 Summer St., Adams, MA 01220
  • ICQ# 5534528
    LiMBO LINE: (413) 743-1814
  • 'Transporters By The Tunnel' - A fun camping event '
    July 16th-18th
    Currently Busless.....