From: Jen & Rog Johnson <rojen@CAPITAL.NET>
To: = vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM = <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Saturday, January 23, 1999 12:34 PM
Subject: Aux = Battery 87 Westy

Recently the aux battery on my = '87 Westy Weekender fried (finally the answer to the sulfer smell - No: the = kid didn't stuff an egg salad sandwich into a heater channel).  MY = INQUIRY:  Must I replace this battery with the factory spec or can I install a = spare 12V battery I salvaged from my '86 Jetta?  If these vehicles do = not call for the same size battery do I run a danger in performing this swap?

Roger
87 Weekender
66 Type I
86 Jetta battery