, used for the trip = North

Hi Again Readers!

I am revisiting this topic, since the bumper-dumper = has emerged as a potential contender or competitor to my "condiment toilet". Read the following, and you be the judge:

Sometimes, even the most = well-learned of us Westy owners have a call of nature while travelling. I have an = inexpensive and convenient solution for those "special moments", when we know = we're really alive.

You only need a wooden toilet seat, = and a plastic 15 Litre pail with lid (obtained free from any fast food joint, = commonly used to hold condiments or vegetable oil,  etc) and some small screws.

Basically, the goal here is to make = the toilet seat "snap onto" the pail, in place of the regular = lid.

You can, if you want, use a router = and cut a circular groove into the toilet seat, to the diameter of the pail. Much = More trouble than it is worth.

What I did was cut out of the pail = lid, a disk inside of the rim, with the goal of using the remaining = "hoop".

Then, I screwed the hoop onto the = bottom of the toilet seat, which can now "snap onto" the pail, in place of = the regular lid.

When a call of nature occurs, just = put a plastic bag in the pail, overlap the edge of the pail, and snap on the toilet = seat. No mess or fuss! Sit down and go to work!

When you are not traveling, just remove the seat and = hide it away under a seat, and all you have visible is an inconspicuous pail in = the van ( unless, you have chosen to "decorate" yours).

Happy Saturday to all!

Marshall Ruskin
84 Westy