I was thinking the same thing the = other morning on the way to work.  I have had more than my share of the = "flashing LED disease" and have developed some interesting ways of getting = the air out of the cooling system w/o jacking up the front end and following the = Bentley procedure.

John Lauterbach
-----Original = Message-----
From: Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Friday, January 22, 1999 8:01 AM
Subject: Re: old = timers gone...

Dear List,

The solution for a = more managable list (and thereby obtain more civility) is to get a robust = FAQ up and running so that the sheer volume of frustratingly oft-repeated = questions (such as "what tires do I buy") can be answered without = taking up the important social bandwidth of the list. Much of the frustration = is with the VOLUME of mail, not necessarily its content.

In order to = do this, we need those who are wise in the way of the Vanagon to invest the = time to put it down in writing so that others can benefit. Unfortunately, = those who are "in the know" seem to be leaving at quite a fast rate!

I am offering to edit one section of the FAQ, be it = brakes, wheels, tires, paint, whatever -- however, we need a group of other dedicated "editors".
Who's gonna put up?

Cheers,
MJS

At 07:27 PM 1/21/99 -0800, = Steven X. Schwenk wrote:
>What a shame to see several list legends = leave, as they have over the
>last 6 months or so. I may be wrong, but = this has become a pretty
>hostile place. Some of the personal attacks = are outrageous. (I am
>guilty, too, at least when it comes to the = battle over
>commericialization and trashing vendors, i.e. commercial = entities, not
>individuals.) Some people seem to think that = debating means attacking,
>insulting and trashing the person on the = otherside of the issue. There
>seems to be little room for honest debate = of even technical issues, let
>alone list issues.
>
>I = sure will miss tim's wit and wisdom, as i do g.m.bulley's and = the
>others who have gone...and the weekly statz, too. Hopefully the = new
>syncro list will take off and offer the opportunity for something
>better. = Not so much noise and discord and attacks and fighting and
>commercialization.
>
>adieu, tim...
>
>steve

Michael J. Sullivan