From: Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 1999 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: Audi 5 = Cyl Swap: Alert! Possible Trouble

I spoke with a guy = from the Federal EPA and he said no problem with putting in a different = engine in a different make as long as it is a later model and it is installed = with ALL official smog equipment pertinent to the year of that = engine.

The Massachusetts DOT also confirmed the above.

Cheers,
MJS

Michael J. Sullivan
Director of Catalog Design