I have had good luck = crimping the joint and then filling in any open spaces between the wires and between = the wire and connector with solder.  Also using a shrink tube adds to the = joint protection.  This is what I do for wiring on my sailboat.  In = the marine environment we use fully tinned stranded wiring which is a bit = more expensive but this is a good method if you want to never worry about it again.

I would think either = crimping or soldering done correctly and with the proper materials for the job would = be satisfactory.

Larry