Darrell said:
>but I don't like them or wire nuts either for = that matter.

I have to agree...I learned in Germany (I worked on = the electronic steering controls for marine applications) that wire nuts are = a no-no!  All wire connections are either soldered or put on a = terminal block.  Good quality crimp connectors, with the proper = tool, are also considered acceptable.  Wire nuts seem to be an American phenomenon.  Even wire splices on German electric motors use a = terminal block.
Karl Batzler
84 Vanagon
87 Audi 5000 = S
La Quinta, CA