I do not know why I receeived this !!!

David-M wrote:

Robert A. Alexander wrote:

> Steve - With all this "copyright" stuff on the List, does this mean that
> I have wasted my time in completely copying, on my flatbed scanner, the
> entire Bentley 1980 - 1991 repair manual, with the intentions of making
> it available on the List???  I realize that such copying can continue to
> serve my personal purposes, but I had intended on it becoming available
> to those who had no access to such.

Its absolutely illegal. Did you read the copyright notice at the front
of the book?

> I've been reading these notes and it sems that owners of funky OLD VW
> vans are capable of becoming upset that someone has actually had the
> GONADS to post a pic of said vans on some webpage showing us a variety
> of VW Vans, and it IS SCARY!!!

If you looked at the site, I believe one picture was stolen from VW of
South Africa. That is not an owner of a 'funky old VW'.

> As some have said, "as California goes, the Republic goes", SO I need
> good legal advice from a practicing attorney from the People's Republic
> of California (PRC) as to what to expect if I offer these delightful
> pages from the Bentley on the List.

You dont need an attorney's advice, just read the notice at the front of
the book. Note the part that says "No part of this publication may be
reproduced...."