From: Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM&g= t;
Date: Monday, February 08, 1999 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: Soldered Connections

Well, I know this thread = got beat to death a little while back, but....

I don't remember who, but = they advised to use good copper crimp on connectors. I replied, yes but they all = look like aluminum to me.
He replied back, that most = connectors these days are copper coated with tin; not = aluminum.
Well.....
I have a selection of = connectors picked up over the past couple of years from various sources, Napa = Auto Parts, various FLAPS, Camping World, etc, etc. I cut a variety of = them with wire cutters... nothing that looks like copper on the inside. Then I = tried a magnet.... none of my connectors are attracted to a magnet. I'm no metallurgist, but they ALL seem like aluminum to me. I even tested = an #4 wire connector that looks like copper on the outside.... no magnetic = attraction! Can anyone tell me what gives here?
Bill
90 Westy Syncro