This is just a question and/or suggestion so please don't sl= am me if this has been discussed to death in my "pre-list member life&q= uot;.

BTW, how was Gerry purchased to begin with?

Cam Murphy
84 Westy
Canadian Forces
Geilenkirchen, Germany

Hi

how is life in Geilenkirchen ?
This sounds pretty commercial to me and from my little experience, going on= and off the list in the past 2 1/2 years I think :

With approximately 1000 names coming and going and lurking etc. we would pr= obably deter 800 so we would get $4000 in the books but then have to pay tax= es, and all this stuff and everybody who paid its $20 would be more demandin= g in service and content etc. as we become "shareholders" and we w= ould need advertisement and the whole list becomes more commercial thus loos= ing its very special life of its own.

If I would be put in a position of pay or leave I would probably not pay on= the other hand if a 1000 folks would "pool" money you would get m= y $20, and if all interested parties would only average $5 in contribution y= ou would :
 because it is a contribution to the community and not a membersh= ip deal.
(the old Marx brother philosophy)

All this as my insight to "advertisement strategies,business strategie= s..."

Dirk
in Berlin