Hello,
My name is John and I've recently = joined the list. I'm relatively new to the world of Vanagons. I have acquired an ' = 84 Westfalia campervan. Its all original with absolutely no rust and clean, = clean,clean! The van was actually given to me by my father-inlaw. I've = decided I'm definitely going to keep it. I do have a couple questions that I = hope some of you can help me out with. First of all I'm wondering if anyone has = any recommendations on changing the footprint of the van to make it handle a = bit better, especially in windy weather. Also I understand that the standard = water-boxer engine in the vehicle is not to reliable. My engine has = 96,000 miles on it and so far so good, but I'm considering an engine swap. I found a = company on the internet called Eupospec that sells an all inclusive kit using = the Golf GTI 2.0 engine for a about $6000.00 including labor. Anyone on the list = had this done? Good idea? bad idea?

 Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

John   =