My 85 Westy GL had a stuck = lifter.  Used a little "Mystery Oil" and took it down the highway.  Low = and behold it freed up!  Now I am thinking synthetic oil and a much = better filter.  But what weight?  I live in CT and the temp range is = 15 to 60.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  =

Also, I found the Westy tent site = and the "how to build poles for tent"  (thanks Chip and = Stephanie), but I have not been able to find the connectors that "should be widely available".  Has anyone = seen anything like this?  I surfed for a few hrs and found = nothing.  Checked the local Home Depot hoping to use PVC or conduit connectors, = but to no avail.
http://www.super= net.net/~jclark/vw/danhoug.html
If anyone has seen these connectors, please let me know.
Mike