State Of Montana Grizzly Bear = Notice
January 27, 1999

In light of = the rising frequency of recent human/grizzly bear conflicts, the Montana = Department of Fish and Game is today
advising hikers, hunters, and fisherman to = take extra
precautions and keep alert for bears while in the  = field.  We advise that outdoorsmen wear noisy little bells on their clothing so as = not to startle bears that aren't  expecting them.  We also advise the
outdoorsmen to carry  pepper spray with them in case of an = encounter with a bear. It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear = activity.  Outdoorsmen should also recognize the difference between = black bear and grizzly bear droppings.  Black bear droppings are smaller = and contain lots of berries and squirrel fur.
Grizzly bear droppings, however, are much = larger,
contain little bells, and smell like pepper.