I just put my newly rebuilt engine in my '80 = westy.  I had trouble getting it started.
I found that the wire to the temperature sensor was broke.  After I fixed that it took right off and I let it run about = twenty minutes.

Later, I went out and checked the oil before taking = the van for a test drive.  It smelled like gas so I drained some out to see = and I definately have gas in my oil!

Is this a result of my earlier attempt to start the = moter (i.e. I flooded it) or could it be something more problematic?  = Could it be simply change the oil and I'll be alright?  I must have tried six = or seven times to start it up before I went searching for the cause.  When I = did start it, it ran great (after the lifters quieted down in 2-3 minutes).

I don't have much knowledge of fuel injection = systems and any insight would be helpful.

THANK = YOU,

Gary

'80 Westy

P.S.  I tried the archives and kept getting a = failure to connect message (after about 10 minutes).  Does any one else have a = problem searching the archives?