I had all the middle and read side windows and rear hatch window done on my Westy. I went to a professional outfit (Rocky-mountain window tint in Concord, CA.) and got the metalisized lifetime-gaurantee window film. Cost was about $250 and unless you look close - you can't tell it from factory dark tinting.

It makes a huge difference in the summer - and particularly helps the A/C when driving. Outward visibility is reduced, but not as much as you would think.

So far - two years, it still looks brand new. No bubbles, marks, scratches.

Todd Last
'88 Westy.

John Langowski wrote:

Hello all,I'm thinking about having the windows tinted in my 84 Westy. I'd like to hear from anyone else who has had it done. He are my questions1. How much did it cost2. How noticeable is the cooling effect while camping in the summer time.3. How does it hold up4. Was it worth it overallAny and all comments would be appreciatedThanks,John