I have been looking for a parts van. =
I found an 85-7 passenger Vanagon.
    The senior woman said it kept quitting on = her, so she brought it to a dealer (who's no longer in business).  She left it with the mechanic to isolate the problem (a = probable short) and when she returned her motor was all = apart.
        The owner wants = $500. everything. I didn't know if this was worth it or not.  I didn't = ask what motor it was. 1.9 or 2.1 .... or?...
    She says all the parts are there for the = rebuild. (??) I looked and they do seem to be there...
It has an Auto trans. It's water cooled, so it does have air conditioning & rear heater.
The = color is two tone blue with black interior.
Black leather style interior = (the seats are in great condition, they do not swivel) I did look to see and it has = round headlights. The body is in good condition, so are the bumpers....
My question is:  Are the parts interchangeable from the 85 to = the 84?
If not, what is and what isn't?
Parts of interest are: Pretty much everything ;0)
ICU
Electronics parts, modules
Air Flow Meter,
Muffler system,
Radiator,
Exterior cooling items, (long hoses?)
Rear Heater core,
Heads,
injectors?
Any other Miscellaneous, expensive or elusive parts that might I = might need to set aside when I have it in my possession?  I live in an = apartment and this parts pulling frenzy would have to happen quickly...

          &nbs= p;            = ;            =        MtnGal

Bronze, 7 passenger 84 Vanagon GL = [PPL-MVR]
Today, I can cry because roses have thorns, or....
I can = celebrate that thorns have roses.