I found a distributor of canopy = parts that can be used to create the tent frame described here.  http://www.super= net.net/~jclark/vw/danhoug.html   I had no poles with my tent so I ordered a "kit" which was $40 = bucks + $8 bucks in shipping from http://www.craftcanopy.co= m/peakfit.htm   Then went to Home Depot and spent $30 bucks on nine 10 foot sections of 3/4" elect conduit.  Hack saw in hand I built the frame and = set the tent up in the basement!  Kids=happy.  $80 buck might sound = like a lot, but I could not find the original poles anywhere.  The one = draw back is that this set up is bulky, but can withstand a hurricane!   = I might, down the road, replace the legs with lighter telescoping = ones.  The last thing to do is measure the top and buy a properly sized tarp to = string over the frame for really hard rains.  Hope this helps.

Mike
85 Westy GL
96 toyota camry wagon  (been = more trouble than my van?!?!?)