So I got a set = of very cool Audi Turbo 15"rims and then I realized that by the I have them = machined there won't be anything left of the center hubs, not to mention my piggy = bank and I realized these things may not be right for me.  I mean they = have a ridiculous offset which can only be overcome by spacers (which can't be = a good thing) and they're too wide (8 1/2" vs. 7" for the Passat = steel wheels) and they're painted (which goes against the laws of nature, = after all if God had wanted us to paint aluminum why would he have made it so shiny = when polised.)  So I got to thinking . . .
a) what the heck = do you use for center hubs once you've machined away the original = centers?
b) does the = aluminum rim's ridiculous width work with anything smaller than a 215/75 ?
c) is there any = way to remove the paint and polish the rims, or does everybody just repaint to match = their Vanagon's color?
d) why would a = Passat steel wheel have to be machined to clear the Vanagon hub?
e) does the = Passat steel wheel neccessitate spacers/longer rear studs?
f) does bright = red really trigger epileptic fits?  :-)

Mark = Thoma