Hello everyone,

I am new to the list and I am having = a good time with all the information that flows so freely...maybe too = freely.

Anyway, I = am the proud owner of a '91 Carat that now has a toasted wasserboxer.  I = am in the process of researching how to fix it and I would like your input.  = Here are some of the things I am considering:
Please tell me your thoughts on these.  I want = more power and I want to get away from the head gasket issue.  My inclination = is to stay with a VW engine but I am also a cheapskate.  My other = constraint is that my technical expertise and available time is limited at best so I = would like to find a good mechanic to install it.

Has anyone done the Eurospec conversion?  How = about a VR6?

I am leaving for Germany on Sunday and in two weeks = I am going to tour the T4 plant in Hannover where = they make the Eurovan.  My German friend used to work there so I am hoping to = talk to some people there about conversions.  Maybe I'll come home with a = new VR6 in my suitcase!

Any info you may have would be helpful.

Thanks,

Alan
Sherwood Oregon