I have recently acquired a 1989 "Caravelle Carat" (light yellow with black trim). It = was special order into the Vancouver BC area. It is similar to the 7 pass. = Wolfsburg models I have seen except instead of 2 rear facing jump seats it has 6 = high back captains chairs with the 2 center ones swiveling a full 360 & the = rear 2 recline fully (flat). There are storage bins down both sides (from the = rear seats back) directional lighting, a pull out table, ful A/C, PW & = cruise, "jail bars" in the rear window, factory alloy rims & body = cladding around the waist line. Q1. Was this model available in = the USA ? is anyone else in Canada in possession of one ? I have not seen = another except mentioned in a South African VW brochure. Q2 What is an = Adventure wagen ? I have seen mention of this twice.  = Thankyou !

David Hayward    dhayward@island.net

92 Passat Syncro
89 Caravelle Carat
88 Westfalia Syncro