My westy's P.O. stored the front table upside-down under the rear table, then had a special placemat he put between the tables so they wouldn't rattle.  It works great, and I improved on his idea by switching the tables so the short (front) one is installed on the back table holder, so I can open the closet door halfway without swinging the table out.

Houston
Portland, OR
'84 Westfalia, the Milky Way.

Date:    Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:18:01 -0700
From:    Nathaniel Merrill <nmerrill@PARAMETRIX.COM>
Subject: Re: Westy Front table survey

I think the main problem is that the table does not hide away as well as =
the rear table.  It does not fold up behind the seat, you must take it off =
the arm and put it some where it will stay.   If it could be rigged with =
some hinges or something so It could be folded behind the drivers seat =
that would be something!