I searched the archives on this = subject but the results were inconclusive.

Today I went to 4 different propane = stations and none of them could fill my 86 Westy propane tank.

The pump automatically shuts off = after delivering approximately 10 cents of propane and propane shoots out the = side as if it were full.  We tried filling with the brass valve (towards = back of vehicle)  both open and closed.

After that, propane leaks out from = the small hole located under the fill valve.  Opening the brass valve only = allows more propane out from the tank.

The tank was recently removed from = the van, completely drained, painted and pressure tested.  Therefore it is completely empty of propane (As is sat for some time with all fittings removed).

Any ideas / proper filling = procedures ? What does the red button do (towards front of vehicle) I don't have the = owner's manuals.  Any help would be appreciated.