Hi everyone, its me again the newbie with the vanagon obsession.  = Thanks for all your responses on air cooled heat.  At the moment I am waiting = to sell my 93 gmc jimmy, so as I can go and buy a vanagon westy, I went into the = paper today so I hope it wont be long, cause I cant wait much longer, in fact = I have boughten something to do with vw and vanagon everyday now it seems, = magazines, books, and today I after much searching of local department stores and specialized hobbie shops I finaly found the monogram vanagon westy = model.  The guy had it at another store, and is bringing it in for me.  I = found out that that little plastic kit was only made in 1996 so they are very hard = to find, at least here in canada.  Anyways enough with my = babble,  The question I have for today is when I am loking at westies, how do I test = the camper features?  Some of the vehicles I look at are on used car = lots and the sales people dont know how to turn things on.  What I need to = know is how to turn on the stove, and the fridge, and the sink. also how to open = the pop top, and keep it open.  What should I look for as far as camping = equipment goes, for example if the canvas looks mouldy is that a problem or can it = be cleaned.  I would also feel icky about sleeping on beds that could = be 15 years old or so , what would the list suggest to thoughly clean the = matresses al the way to the foam? does the keys have to be in the ignition to work to = camper stuff?

thanks for = your help.

Julio
63 beetle
95 = golf